Sunday, November 13, 2011

The High Line







I walked on the High Line today with my mom. If you don't know it, it was an elevated railway on the west side of Manhattan that has been turned into public park space. If you haven't been, GO! It's a wonderful tranquil spot with gardens at every step. People say it makes you forget you are in the city. I think it makes you appreciate the city all the more.
The best time of year is probably late summer when the wild flowers are in bloom and the weather is still warm. Of course I wound up going in mid November when the sun sets early and the gardens have all but faded, but like the city itself there is still charm at every turn.

















1 comment:

Elizabeth Marks Juviler said...

I love this! Love how it was repurposed into usable outdoor space!!