Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Day On The Farm



My sister and I had this great idea to take Alice to a farm where she could play with the animals, pick some fresh fruit and have a delicious farm to table lunch afterwards. 
Best laid plans...


It was a beautiful spot...


but unfortunately Alice didn't sleep in the car on the way up, which wouldn't have been a big deal if my sister hadn't forgotten the stroller! So my sister braved the hilly countryside with 30lbs of Alice in her arms all the way to the chicken coops.





It was fun for 30 seconds until Alice start dropping the eggs.





Then one of these guys pecked my niece's finger and boy did it hurt!


Of course Alice started crying (very loudly) and we had to leave the area. 


The food back at the barn looked delish but the line was a half hour wait.



Alice was cranky and hungry and my sister was tired and hungry (from lugging Alice all over) 
so we left the farm a half hour after we got there.





But we did stop back home in Westport and wasted money on the
 cutest mini pumpkins and strawberry corn.


No comments: