Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Southport






There's a little area on the Long Island Sound ten minutes from me called Southport. I don't know much about it except it has about 1500 people and it's darling. (I never use that word descriptively but it just works for Southport). I do know the homes are charming and the local library is wonderful for browsing the shelves or just to admire the architecture. My friends all take part in the annual Southport Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning, where the residents line the little lanes to cheer for the runners while sipping hot cider. The weather is brisk and the view is beautiful but unfortunately it starts way to early for me to take pictures of such an event. So here are some pics of darling Southport on a nice spring June day around noon.






























No comments: